news-engine

← real_madrid

Jose Mourinho personally blocked Real Madrid midfielder Premier League transfer - report - Madrid Universal

Madrid Universal · Swapnil · 2026-08-17T09:38:45+00:00 · nguồn gốc

Real Madrid News Jose Mourinho personally blocked Real Madrid midfielder Premier League transfer – report Real Madrid academy midfielder Thiago Pitarch is set to remain at the club after Jose Mourinho stepped in to block a proposed move to Fulham. According to an update from Alberto Pereiro, relayed by Defensa Central, the Portuguese manager personally told Pitarch not to leave and informed the youngster that he will be an important part of his plans next season. The development is significant given the growing uncertainty surrounding Pitarch’s future. Fulham, now managed by former Real Madrid coach Alvaro Arbeloa, had been keen to reunite with the midfielder in the Premier League. Mourinho intervenes to stop Pitarch’s Fulham transfer Arbeloa knows Pitarch well from their time together at Real Madrid, having handed the youngster his senior debut. His interest in bringing him to Fulham was therefore far from surprising. The former Real Madrid coach has already turned to his old club for reinforcements, signing Gonzalo Garcia and Cesar Palacios, and Pitarch had emerged as another potential target. With Mourinho arriving at Real Madrid and several new signings joining the squad, there were understandable doubts over whether Pitarch would have a clear route into the first team. However, Mourinho’s stance appears to have settled the matter. Speaking about the situation, Alberto Pereiro said, “I’ve already told you that Mou put a stop to his move to Fulham and told him not to go anywhere. Thiago is going to be important. “I reckon that once he’s fit, he’ll get plenty of playing time. He should be back with the squad by the end of the month,” he explained. Injury delays Pitarch’s chance under Mourinho One important detail is that Pitarch has yet to properly train under Mourinho. The midfielder suffered a sprain to the medial collateral ligament in his knee, which has kept him away from the main group during an important period of pre-season preparation. His recovery, however, is reportedly progressing well, with a return to the squad expected by the end of the month. That should finally give Mourinho the chance to work directly with the academy product and assess how he fits into his plans. Real Madrid News Confirmed: Real Madrid academy talent joins French club Rea Madrid have officially announced the departure of academy prospect Jacobo Ortega, who has now signed for French club Strasbourg. “Real Madrid CF and RC Strasbourg Alsace have agreed to the transfer of our player Jacobo Ortega,” the club statement read. Ortega joined La Fabrica, the Real Madrid academy, in 2018 as a 12-year-ld and has spent the past eight seasons with the Spanish capital club. The last season was particularly successful one for the young striker has he scored goals for fun across three teams – Real Madrid Juvenil A, Real Madrid C, and Castilla. Comunicado Oficial: Jacobo Ortega. — Real Madrid C.F. (@realmadrid) August 17, 2026 Ortega also won the UEFA Youth League with the Juvenil A team this past season. The Spanish striker had been called up to train with the first-team squad in the early parts of pre-season by Jose Mourinho, but it soon became clear that he would be leaving the club. Strasbourg have now signed the youngster, with Real Madrid set to receive a fee of €10 million in exchange for 70% of the player’s economic rights. It makes Ortega a club-record sale for a player without having made a first-team appearance for Los Blancos. “Real Madrid will always be his home and thanks Jacobo Ortega for his dedication during all these years he has been part of our club,” Real Madrid’s statement further read. “Real Madrid wishes him and his family all the best in this new stage of his life.”