Celtic transfer offer for Dinko Horkas revealed by Las Palmas president
· Mark Pirie · 2026-08-06 · nguồn gốc
Dinko Horkas Celtic transfer claim made as Las Palmas go public with 'unattractive' deal structure
The surprised revelation over a deal has been made by club supremo Miguel Angel Ramirez
Las Palmas president Miguel Angel Ramirez has claimed that a bid from Celtic for goalkeeper Dinko Horkas "isn't attractive to the club."
Horkas impressed in Spain's second tier last season despite Las Palmas falling short in their bid to secure promotion back to La Liga.
Former Dinamo Zagreb star Horkas has two years remaining on his current contract, with Las Palmas in no rush to cash in on the Croatian.
After a move to the Saudi Pro League fell apart earlier this summer, the shot-stopper has reportedly told chiefs at the Segunda Division side that he wants to leave.
Speaking to Tinta Amarilla , Ramirez claimed that the only current offer on the table is from the Scottish champions.
He said: “Dinko Horkas is a UD Las Palmas player who has asked to leave the club.
"The club won't let him go because the only offer we have [from Celtic] isn't attractive to the club.
"He says it will be difficult for him to continue playing for UD Las Palmas since he had an offer from Saudi, that would have been a lifesaver.
"Horkas says he doesn't feel strong or motivated to be on the team. But we have other ways he can contribute to help the team. If he doesn't want to play, he can still help us mark the pitch or put up the nets.
"He has a contract with UD Las Palmas and will stay at the club if the offer he has doesn't meet UD Las Palmas' expectations.”
Asked what the club want for a fee, he said: “We're talking about five million. They're offering us four million to be paid over four years. We're asking for five million and 50 per cent of any future transfer fee.”
But Celtic sources have poured cold water on the link with the club prioritising other positions.
As it stands, Viljami Sinisalo will be No. 1 for the campaign with Ross Doohan acting as cover. Former first-choice Kasper Schmeichel retired at the end of last season after a series of injury problems.
Get more Daily Record exclusives by signing up for free to Google’s preferred sources. Click HERE.
Tune in to Hotline Live every Sunday to Thursday and have your say on the biggest issues in Scottish football and listen to Record Sport's newest podcast, Game On, every Friday for your sporting fix, all in bitesize chunks.