Celtic ‘mega bid’ expected, Rangers deal agreed, Braga names exit condition - Scottish transfer news
· Graham Falk · 2026-07-31 · nguồn gốc
Celtic ‘mega bid’ expected, Rangers deal agreed, Hearts star names exit condition - Scottish transfer news
All the latest Scottish transfer news on Friday morning - including reports from Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, the Scotland national team and beyond.
The Scottish Premiership is officially back! Starting with Dundee United vs Rangers tonight at Tannadice, a full weekend of fixtures awaits us - and so to do the transfer reports, rumours and completed deals as we veer towards the final month of the summer window.
In your Friday morning transfer bulletin, we’ve got the latest news from Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, the Scotland national team and beyond as we keep you up to date with all the latest transfer headlines in the top flight and beyond.
Sign up to The Scotsman’s daily football newsletter to get unrivalled Scottish football news and analysis - subscribe for free here.
Bowie fee agreed
Hellas Verona striker Kieron Bowie looks set to make another major move this summer after Sassuolo agreed a £10 million fee for the Scotland international. The 23-year-old moved to the Marcantonio Bentegodi Stadium from Hibs during the winter transfer window and, despite being unable to prevent their relegation, made a strong impression in Serie A by scoring four times in the second half of the campaign.
Reports earlier in the window indicated that the Gialloblu wouldn’t sell Bowie, deeming him vital to their hopes of an immediate return to the top flight. However, reports in Italy now claim that they have reluctantly accepted an offer after Sassuolo upped their bid in recent days.
One of several Scotland internationals currently playing their football in Italy, the 6ft 4in frontman has had serious interest in his services this summer, with Caligari, Bologna and Celtic all thought to have considered a move for the hitman. However, it is the Neroverdi who have won the race for his signature after thrashing out a deal with Hellas Verona in the last 24 hours. Bowie is reported to have agreed a five-year-contract at the Mapei Stadium.
Hearts star names exit condition
Hearts striker Claudio Braga admits he doesn’t know if he’ll still be at Tynecastle beyond the summer transfer window. The Portuguese hitman was a revelation in the capital last season, scooping numerous Player of the Year awards after helping the Jambos take the title race into the final day.
However, the Gorgie outfit have had a turbulent summer since missing out on the title on the final day of the campaign to Celtic, with head coach Derek McInnes, captain Lawrence Shankland and midfielder Cammy Devlin all moving to Rangers, alongside goalkeeper Alexander Schwolow, who will move to Mainz next month.
Linked to Ligue 1 giants Lyon and English Premier League side Brighton, the 26-year-old admits he is unsure if he’ll still be wearing maroon come September 1. “I have no idea about that,” said Braga. “I told this to everybody: if I go away it’s got to be something good for me and for the club,” said Braga. “It's never going to be something only good for me. So yeah, of course, I like to be here. I feel good here, and then the rest, let's see. I feel everybody wants to do well. The style of play last year, you look a little bit more for the intensity in the game, and the focus was more on the intensity in the game and everything.”
Meanwhile, the club have confirmed that defender Adam Forrester has left Hearts to join League One side Ross County on a season-long loan deal.
Rangers deal agreed
Rangers are ready to allow Nedim Bajrami to leave the club this summer after striking up a loan-to-buy deal with Saudi Pro League club Al-Taawoun. The 27-year-old moved to Ibrox during the summer transfer window of 2024, but has struggled to make an impact in the Scottish Premiership, starting just three league games last season as the club ended the campaign in a disappointing third position.
New head coach Derek McInnes has been particularly active in the summer transfer window, adding the likes of Dan Neil, Cammy Devlin and Vanja Dragojevic to an already strong engine room that includes Mohamed Diomande, Thelo Aasgaard and Tochi Chukwuani, meaning that Bajrami is largely surplus to requirements.
According to several reports, the club have now officially accepted an offer for the Albanian international, with the deal now expected to be completed quickly. The initial loan move includes a future fee of around £2.5million for the midfielder. Bajrami joins the likes of James Tavernier, Jack Butland and Oliver Antman in leaving Govan this summer, with the futures of John Souttar and Nico Raskin also uncertain.
Meanwhile, reports claim the club are no longer pursuing a deal for long-term target Jens Hjerto-Dahl. The 20-year-old has been linked to Rangers over the last year after impressing with Norwegian side Tromso, with EFL Championship side also interested. However, it is understood that the club will prioritise additions on the flanks and have ended their interest in the youngster for now.
Celtic ‘mega bid’ expected
Celtic are bracing themselves for a ‘mega bid’ from English Premier League outfit Everton for key man Alistair Johnston, as interest builds in the right-back this summer. According to reports, the Merseyside club are keen on a deal for the 27-year-old, who was a standout performer for co-hosts Canada at this summer’s World Cup, and are prepared to pay a fee of up to £15million in order to sign him this summer.
Linked to Fulham earlier in the window former CF Montreal man is contracted to Celtic until the summer of 2029 though, meaning the club are under no pressure to sell Johnston. The Toffees are in the market for additions at full-back following the departure of Seamus Coleman this summer, and the expected sale of former Rangers youngster Nathan Patterson, though the Scottish champions are not expected to demand a huge few to even consider his sale.
In terms of incomings, Celtic are still pursuing deals for Real Oviedo winger Haissem Hassan and Paderborn midfielder Mika Baur, while former title winning defender Greg Taylor is being considered for a loan move following doubts over future with Greek side PAOK.
Elsewhere, former Celtic loanee Marcelo Saracchi is subject of a bid of £900,000 from Houston Dynamo. The left-back was a target for Martin O’Neill earlier in the window, with the veteran manager interested in bringing him to the club on a permanent deal. The MLS club are targeting a 60% purchase the rights to Saracchi, with 27-year-old expected to leave Boca Juniors this summer.
Comments
Want to join the conversation? Please or to comment on this article.