Burnley transfer state of play ahead of West Ham league season opener
· Matt Scrafton · 2026-08-14T13:14:54+00:00 · nguồn gốc
Burnley transfer state of play ahead of West Ham league season opener
Nicky Hayen provides transfer update ahead of Championship opener
Nicky Hayen admits Max Alleyne is a player he admires amid speculation the Manchester City defender could soon arrive at Burnley.
It was reported by transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano earlier this week that the Clarets had agreed a straight loan deal for the centre-back.
He also claimed a medical had been booked in for Wednesday, but as of yet, the move has not been announced.
It comes as Burnley prepare to kick off their Championship campaign on Sunday with a home fixture against West Ham.
Speaking ahead of the big kick off, Hayen provided the latest transfer update with little two weeks remaining of the summer window.
“We're busy behind the scenes, so I'm not changing my words,” he said.
“I always said we're working really hard every single day, but we do it behind the scenes. “Because you know, if we already announce a player that's for 99 per cent sure and he signs somewhere else, it looks silly, so we just work really hard behind the scenes.
“When they sign the contract, we will announce it and that's the way I like to work.”
Subscribe now for HALF PRICE and catch every minute of our Clarets coverage this season - from pre-season to the final whistle. Click here
When Alleyne’s name was put to him specifically, the Clarets boss added: “He's a player that I like. We will have a lot of the ball normally in the season, so if he can manage the transfer to us here, then we will be really happy.”
When asked if he expects the Alleyne deal to happen, Hayen added: “Like I said, we're working behind the scenes.
“You need the agreement of all parties, from the player, from the club, where he's coming from.
“We're working on that file and if we can make the deal, okay, we will do it and when he's signed, then we will announce it.”
Elsewhere at centre back, Hayen admitted previously that Axel Tuanzebe remained on the club’s shortlist despite his contract at Turf Moor running out at the end of last season.
Asked if any progress has been made on a potential deal for the DR Congo man, Hayen said: “Again, we’re working behind the scenes. I'm not going to say something more than we do because then I change, actually, our mindset.
“We are working really hard behind the scenes and this is the way we like it. I can give you another name every day if you want, just to be in the press. But we rather want to be like a little bit working in the back office and when it's ready to announce, we will do it.”
Burnley fans will also be conscious of losing more of their star men between now and September 1, with the future of Zian Flemming still up in the air.
But Hayen, who has already seen the likes of Maxime Esteve, Lesley Ugochukwu and Jaidon Anthony depart this summer, is keen to see the striker stay.
“That's what we're trying,” he said. “That's the conversation that we also have with the players. Because if you want to play at the top table, you need also to keep your better players.
“Of course, everyone has his value and unfortunately, the transfer window is open until the start of September. But everyone has his value.
“But we told the players that we really need them. I think also the way, the style of play that we play at the moment, that it suits them and you see that they enjoy themselves also being here, so that's the most important.”