news-engine

← burnley

Burnley confirm loan capture of young Chelsea talent ahead of West Ham

· Matt Scrafton · 2026-08-14T18:30:24+00:00 · nguồn gốc

Burnley confirm loan capture of young Chelsea talent ahead of West Ham Burnley confirm loan capture of young Chelsea talent Burnley’s squad strengthening has continued apace with the addition of Chelsea striker Dastan Satpayev. The Kazakhstan forward only officially joined the Stamford Bridge outfit on Wednesday, but he’s now made the move to Turf Moor on a season-long loan. Satpayev signed a six-year deal with Xabi Alonso’s side, with an option for a further season, on his 18th birthday earlier this week. The Kazakhstan international made a pre-agreement to join Chelsea back in January 2025 in a £3.4m move from Kairat FC. Satpayev completed his medical at Turf Moor earlier today and could now make Nicky Hayen’s squad for Sunday’s Championship opener against West Ham. Subscribe now for HALF PRICE and catch every minute of our Clarets coverage this season - from pre-season to the final whistle. Click here “I'm very pleased to be here,” he said of his move. “It's a great opportunity for me in my career and a great club to show what I can do and help the team get back to where they belong. “It's my first time playing in England and I'm ready now to take on the next chapter and have a successful time with Burnley." It comes after Manchester City defender Max Alleyne signed on the dotted line earlier today, sealing a straight season-long loan move. Ben Amos, Ugo Raghouber and Lluc Castell have also made the move to East Lancashire this summer. As for Satpayev, he’s scored 21 goals in 41 appearances for Kairat having made his first-team debut aged 15 in 2024. He’s also made five appearances in the Champions League and has been capped nine times by his country, scoring once. A centre forward who is also capable of playing on either flank, the youngster has earned comparisons to France and Real Madrid star Kylian Mbappe, while his physical profile - standing at 5ft 9ins tall - has been compared to Sergio Aguero. Despite not officially being unveiled as a Chelsea player until this week, he’s still featured under Alonso during their pre-season, impressing and scoring against Western Sydney Wanderers. He also came on as a second-half substitute as Chelsea were beaten 2-1 by London rivals Tottenham, replacing Estevao. Speaking about Satpayev ahead of the Spurs game, Alonso told reporters: “I knew Dastan from Almaty. He is a ball threat, he attacks the inner channel well and is good as a striker coming from the outside. “He is really strong, really quick and I have been really impressed with him.”