news-engine

← nottingham_forest

Oliver Glasner eyes blockbuster £55m transfer as Nottingham Forest target trio

· Leigh Curtis · 2026-08-05 · nguồn gốc

Nottingham Forest have reportedly targeted Manchester City midfielder Tijjani Reijnders this summer as the Reds look to revamp their squad this summer. After selling Elliot Anderson to the former Premier League champions, Forest are now said to be keen on moving for Reijnders in return as they look to beef up Oliver Glasner's squad ahead of the new season. According to the Daily Mail, Reijnders is said to be open to the move to the City Ground for £55m having failed to establish himself as a regular starter in City's first team since his £47m move from AC Milan. Anderson and Rodri are expected to anchor City's midfield next season, which has left Reijnders facing more time on the bench whereas he would be a key component of Glasner's team. He has already been linked with Atletico Madrid this summer, but the La Liga side have since moved on to other targets after his price tag was set at £60m. City may well do business at £5m less but that would still bank them a profit on what they paid for Reijnders last summer. Having banked £116m for Anderson, Forest have plenty of cash to invest as they look for a much-improved season, having hired Glasner following the departure of Vitor Pereira at the end of last season. Forest have been linked with a number of players since the end of the season with Ousmane Diomande the latest player said to be closing in on a move to the City Ground. They are hoping to reach an agreement for the centre-half this week, according to reports in Portugal. The 22-year-old Ivory Coast defender has been granted leave from Sporting's pre-season training while his future remains up in the air but there is hope that there will soon be a resolution. He is currently due to return to work in Lisbon on Tuesday. He has a price tag of about €40 million - but the sticking point appears to be how much of that is paid up front and whether any further fees should be due in future clauses. Crystal Palace had been linked with a move for Diomande while Oliver Glasner was in charge and now his new club are in pole position to strike a deal. Chelsea striker Liam Delap is also said to be of interest to Forest amid claims he could leave Stamford Bridge this summer following the arrival of new head coach Xabi Alonso.