Ryan Garcia Drops a Major Hint Before Conor Benn Fight and Haney Is Left Behind
· Dogli Wilberforce · 2026-08-11 · nguồn gốc
Ryan Garcia has already named the fighters he wants to face after his planned September 12 fight with Conor Benn. The WBC welterweight champion will first defend his title against Benn at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, but Garcia is already looking at possible fights beyond the Conor Benn matchup. Garcia named Teofimo Lopez, Rolando “Rolly” Romero and Shakur Stevenson as his preferred opponents.
He also discussed a possible rematch with Devin Haney but said he is not rushing to make that fight happen. Garcia won the WBC 147-pound title with a unanimous decision over Mario Barrios in February. He now faces Conor Benn in his first title defense, with the fight set for Mexican Independence Day weekend. Garcia enters the boxing fight with a 25-2 record and 20 knockouts.
Ryan Garcia Targets Teofimo Lopez, Romero and Stevenson
Ryan Garcia made his plans clear while speaking to Ring Magazine ahead of the Conor Benn fight. “I’m about to beat up Conor Benn. I want Teofimo Lopez, Rolando Romero and Shakur Stevenson. I have a lot of options,” Garcia said.
Garcia also said he is no longer focused on Haney. “I’m not really worried about Haney now. If it happens, it happens.”
The Ryan Garcia boxing title defense against Conor Benn will headline a Zuffa Boxing card co-promoted with Golden Boy Promotions. Paramount+ will stream the fight in the United States, while DAZN will carry it in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Garcia, 27, has previously said he wants to stop Benn within five rounds. He also said ongoing hand problems are no longer affecting his preparation.
Conor Benn Fight Comes Before Ryan Garcia’s Next Move
Conor Benn enters the boxing fight with a 25-1 record and 14 knockouts. The British challenger has built momentum through recent wins and will attempt to capture his first world title against Garcia.
Ryan Garcia, meanwhile, holds a 25-2 professional record with 20 knockouts. He won the WBC welterweight championship against Barrios and will make his first defense against Conor Benn.
Garcia described himself as the fighter other major names must face to increase their profile. “All these guys obviously have to come to me, you know what I mean? I’m definitely the lottery fight,” he said. “If you want to be a huge name, I’m the guy to do it against. You have to get through me.”
Romero would bring added history to a future Ryan Garcia fight. Romero defeated Garcia by unanimous decision in May 2025. Lopez, a former multi-division champion, would provide another major boxing matchup, while Stevenson would give Garcia a fight against a former champion known for his technical skills.
Ryan Garcia Addresses Devin Haney Rematch
Garcia also spoke about Devin Haney, who remains linked to a possible boxing rematch with the champion. Garcia and Haney first fought in April 2024, but the result was later changed to a no-contest.
Garcia said he does not feel pressure to make the rematch. “I’m not in a rush to make that fight happen. They have to sit with that loss,” he said. “Why do I have to beg for it? I’m here.”
For now, Conor Benn remains Garcia’s immediate opponent. The September 12 fight at T-Mobile Arena will decide whether Garcia keeps the WBC welterweight title and whether his planned list of future opponents can become a reality.
Tap Here To Add Sportsnaut As A Trusted Source on Google