news-engine

← liverpool

Liverpool transfer news live – Araujo medical, Barcola standoff, Scott claim

· Chris Burns; Ben Crawford; Tom Sunderland; Ian Doyle; Mark Jones · 2026-08-09 · nguồn gốc

- - Sport - Football - Liverpool FC transfer news Liverpool transfer news LIVE: Ronald Araujo medical, Bradley Barcola standoff, Alex Scott claim Liverpool boss Andoni Iraola will take charge of the Reds at Anfield for the first time today as the club's transfer business heats up Morning Reds. Liverpool are back in action this afternoon, taking on Monaco at 2.30pm. The game will also mark the first time Andoni Iraola takes charge of his new side at Anfield. But what about the reason you're really here? Onto transfers and Liverpool's long pause in summer business appears to have come to an end. The Reds moved early to secure the signings of Jeremy Jacquet, whose move was agreed in February, and Victor Munoz already. However, this long break between incomings seems set to end, with Barcelona defender Ronald Araujo reportedly poised to sign on a season-long loan deal with an option to buy. Iraola's side had been lacking depth at centre-back, and the Uruguayan can also operate at right-back when needed. Liverpool are also still in pursuit of Paris Saint-Germain superstar Bradley Barcola, but that saga shows no sign of ending anytime soon. His team-mate Ibrahim Mbaye could be another option, but again, the long search for a winger looks set to head into yet another week. The ECHO will bring you all the latest on the transfer front, as the Reds prepare to take to the pitch, and Araujo is scheduled to undergo his medical today. Key Events Liverpool are said to be "in the hunt" for Monaco midfielder Lamine Camara. However, they could face being beaten to the 22-year-old's signature by Crystal Palace, according to Foot Mercato. Both the Reds and Manchester United are said to have expressed interest earlier in the window and to be closely monitoring the situation. According to Fabrizio Romano, PSG are in talks to bring in Ajax star Mika Godts to the French capital. The European champions are said to have a new proposal ready to send to the Dutch giants, offering a total package worth £43million for the 21-year-old. PSG recently confirmed that French winger Maghnes Akliouche has joined the club. Whether the acquisition of another forward, with the club said to be edging closer to signing Ferran Torres, will pave the way for Bradley Barcola to leave is unclear. Highly-rated Liverpool teenager Josh Abe marked his first appearance for the under-21s with a goal in a friendly against Huddersfield Town on Saturday afternoon. Abe, a 16-year-old winger, struck the equaliser with 13 minutes remaining to earn Rob Page's side a 2-2 draw at the AXA Training Centre. Paris Saint-Germain are said to be standing firm on their staggering valuation of Bradley Barcola. Sky Sports have claimed the French side would ideally like to keep the winger this summer, despite signing Maghnes Akliouche and closing in on deals for Ferran Torres and Mika Godts. The report claims there is still a significant gap between Liverpool and PSG's valuations, with the European champions holding firm at their £145M price tag. Barring any late mishaps and Ronald Araujo will join Liverpool on loan today. The Reds have targeted the 27-year-old Uruguay international given their ongoing concerns at centre-back with Virgil van Dijk at present their only fit senior player in the position. And with Araujo also capable of playing at right-back, a move will address two of the chief concerns for Iraola ahead of the new Premier League season. It is understood the season-long loan includes an option to buy rather than an obligation, with the player having recovered from the calf problem that meant he failed to feature for Uruguay in the recent World Cup. Reports in Spain have claimed the option to buy is valued at £47million. Liverpool take on Monaco this afternoon at Anfield. But how should the Reds line up for their penultimate warm-up fixture? Our ECHO writers have taken a closer look aand you can read more here. Liverpool and Manchester United have been told they have a free run at Alex Scott because he has no chance of getting games for Arsenal. The Gunners and United have both expressed an interest in the £80m-rated Bournemouth star. Former Arsenal star Anders Limpar said via SveaCasino: "I would say Arsenal will have to step out of the race to sign Alex Scott because while he is a real prospect, he isn’t going to get enough games for Arsenal this season or next season. “It wouldn’t be good for him to go to Arsenal because they are at the stage where they are looking for world class players, the finished articles, like Vinicius Jnr and the rest of them. "That could give clubs like Liverpool and Manchester United a free run on signing Scott." Morning everyone, Liverpool will face Monaco at Anfield with kick-off set for 2.30pm as Andoni Iraola takes charge of the Reds at Anfield for the first time. Onto transfers, and in case you missed it, Barcelona defender Ronaldo Araujo is set to undergo a medical today and join the club on a season-long loan. The versatile defender has made over 200 appearances for the Catalan giants and should bring some reprieve to the injury crisis that's hit the Reds' backline. Elsewhere, it looks like Ferran Torres is moving closer to PSG, which could help Liverpool secure the signing of Bradley Barcola. But we're not holding our breath on that one just yet. However, news comes thick and fast in transfer season. So, grab a coffee, or a tea if that's your thing, and let's dive in, shall we? With Araujo's arrival imminent, let's have a look at the squad numbers he could wear. At Barcelona, he wore No. 4, but that number is not available, as skipper Virgil van Dijk won't be giving it up. Jeremy Jacquet is the Reds' new No. 5, so Araujo may have to go for something less traditional. Some of the options open to him are the No. 16, No. 20, No. 24 and No. 26. He has also previously worn the No. 30, No. 33 and No. 15 for Barcelona and their development side. After helping Argentina get to the World Cup final, Alexis Mac Allister's Liverpool return date has been set. The midfielder was granted an extended break after making the final, which his nation lost 1-0 to Spain, but he will rejoin his Reds team-mates on Monday, as revealed by manager Iraola. Liverpool manager Andoni Iraola has issued a demand to his players, including new signing Victor Munoz, ahead of Sunday's friendly against Manchester. He said in the matchday programme: "Sunday is, of course, going to be a very proud day for my staff, and for me, as we take charge of our first home game. "I have experienced Anfield before from the other side, and that was pretty special (even if the results didn’t go the way I would have liked!) but I know that it will be a completely different feeling as the head coach of Liverpool, and that is something I am really excited for." Read more here. The versatility of soon-to-be Liverpool star Araujo will not be lost on the club, as he can also operate as a right-back when called upon. But, it has been hinted at that the Reds could still turn to a right-sided full-back this summer, with Jeremie Frimpong likely to feature higher up the pitch on occasion and Connor Bradley still recovering from injury. Fabrizio Romano could not rule out Liverpool signing a right-back before the window shuts, regardless of Araujo's arrival. We shall see... Updates regarding Torres continue as Fabrizio Romano now reports that all personal terms are agreed. Time will tell what this means for both Mbaye and Barcola, but surely Liverpool will benefit. More on PSG's pursuit of Ferran Torres - and it's good news for Liverpool regarding Barcola and Mbaye. According to Marca, the Spaniard has chosen PSG as his preferred destination and talks are underway between Barcelona and PSG. In fact, talks have supposedly been taking place for several days, but discreetly between Barcelona's Deco and PSG's Luis Campos. Next Wednesday, a meeting was scheduled between Barcelona and Torres, but it is now not necessary, as he has informed them of his desire to join PSG. Should he complete the move, that will increase the chance that Barcola or Mbaye leave this summer. Araujo is on his way - literally. The Uruguayan defender, who is bound for Liverpool after the club agreed a year-long loan move with Barcelona, has been filmed leaving the club's Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper training complex. As per videos circulating online, fans wished Araujo good luck, and he thanked them. The 27-year-old will have his Reds medical on Sunday. The medical for impending Liverpool signing Araujo has been scheduled for Sunday, as we brought you earlier, but a further update on his current status has emerged. He will reportedly not travel with Barcelona's squad today as they prepare for games against Nottingham Forest and Udinese. The 27-year-old will fly to Liverpool tomorrow for tests before signing his loan agreement, which includes a £47.1m purchase option, according to reports in Spain. With Araujo arriving, Liverpool hijacking Nottingham Forest's approach for Sporting CP defender Ousmane Diomande was unlikely, unless another centre-half is deemed necessary. But, the report we brought you earlier about the deal between Sporting and Forest collapsing has been shut down by Fabrizio Romano, who claims that it is very much on. As you were. Liverpool's relationship with Barcelona has been strengthened by the Araujo deal and the Catalan club could do them another favour by offloading Ferran Torres to PSG. The World Cup-winning winger has been linked with a move to France this window and his future is uncertain. New reports claim he will rejoin Barcelona training next week and, when he does, he'll have a crunch meeting with sporting director Deco and manager Flick. That is, unless PSG pick up the phone with an offer. If Torres lands in Paris, this would make it in all likelihood that either Bradley Barcola, Ibrahim Mbaye, or both are allowed to leave the Parc des Princes. Liverpool might pounce. The other of the two big names Liverpool fans will hear a lot of this summer is Barcola. And according to The Independent, Premier League rivals Arsenal could be in for him as talks with the Reds stall. The report claims that Mikel Arteta is eyeing up one of Julian Alvarez, Barcola and Everton's Iliman Ndiaye after losing out on Vinicius Jr. Another update on Liverpool's loan deal for Araujo, which is almost completed. The Athletic claims that the Uruguayan will undergo his medical on Sunday ahead of a one-year loan move from Barcelona. The ECHO understands that Liverpool have an option, not an obligation, to purchase Ronald Araujo, included in the one-year loan deal from Barcelona, which is near completion. And reports in Spain now claim that the amount the Reds would have to pay if they want to sign him permanently is £47.1million (€55million). This report is unconfirmed. More Araujo? Oh, go on then. Liverpool's approach for the Uruguayan defender came out of nowhere, with a loan deal nearing completion. But this hasn't been the first offer Barcelona have received from an English club for the 27-year-old. In 2025, relatively reliable Spanish publication SPORT claimed that Manchester United launched a formal bid for Araujo as they looked to reinforce their backline. The defender had turned down United in 2022 and last year, things weren't any different as a transfer did not materialise. Now, Araujo is all set to become a Red (insert eyes emoji). With the Barcola deal likely to drag on, the race for Ibrahim Mbaye is another saga Liverpool fans will have to keep an eye on. And reports from France claim that the Senegalese winger decided to leave this summer after a meeting with PSG manager Luis Enrique and advisor Luis Campos. In this alleged meeting, Mbaye was told that he'd play no more than thirty matches in all competitions in the upcoming season. This has forced him to seek pastures new, as the 18-year-old wants regular football. Taking a break from the Araujo bomba, Liverpool legend Mohamed Salah officially signed for new club Trabzonspor this week. And during his presentation, he didn't really know what to make of a joke made by Trabzon mayor Huseyin Avni Coskun Cebi. The interaction happened after he was offered a piece of land in Turkey as a gift for joining the club. Find out the full details here. The ECHO can confirm that Liverpool are close to completing the Araujo deal and it does indeed include an option to purchase the defender after the initial loan. This is an option, not an obligation. Read chief LFC correspondent Ian Doyle's report in full here. As his reported move to Anfield nears, Araujo will already know exactly what it takes to play for a club like Liverpool. The defender was an international team-mate of Reds hero Luis Suarez. In 2025, the striker revealed he had given Araujo some valuable advice on playing for some of Europe's biggest sides. He told Sport: "Sometimes, when I talk to Ronald Araujo, I tell him. When he scores goals or when he wins something, I tell him, 'Remember, people have no memory and every three days they are going to demand the same from you,' and that's what happens to him. "He has to perform every game between an eight and a ten because if not, the people will already ask him. It's what Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atlético demand of you. Be at a high level and constantly." This sound guidance also rings true to playing for the Reds and that's exactly what Araujo will soon do, once his year-long loan deal is sealed. Continuing with the Araujo updates, more reports from Spain, which should of course be taken with a pinch of salt, shed light on a meeting between the player and Barcelona boss Hansi Flick. Apparently, as Araujo returned to the club this week after enjoying an extended post-World Cup break, he sat down for a meeting with the German boss. The defender was supposedly told that in the upcoming season he would endure a secondary role in defence, with Pau Cubarsi and others preferred. He then agreed to leave and look for somewhere he could play consistently. Liverpool's loan move for Ronald Araujo seemingly came out of the blue (sorry), but reports from Spain claim this has been a deal years in the making. Mundo Deportivo, a Spanish publication that specialises in covering all things Barca, reports that the Reds had been tracking Araujo for years and the Catalan club's skipper will travel to England this weekend to seal his loan move. They insist there is a buy option included, though the exact fee is unknown. With Araujo arriving, it's likely that Liverpool are done signing centre-backs this summer. But, the possibility of a transfer hijack had been mooted. Nottingham Forest appeared poised to sign Sporting CP defender Ousmane Diomande this window, but talks have reportedly collapsed. He is supposedly available for £34.2m and is thought to have been a name the Reds have considered. A hijacking could have been on the cards, but this is now very unlikely given the Araujo news, unless Liverpool deem they need another defender at a cut price to add depth to the backline. Not all hope is lost though, regarding Barcola. His PSG team-mate Ibrahim Mbaye could still yet become the Reds' newest star winger. Liverpool's need for an attacker remains their priority in the summer window and we understand Mbaye is one of a number of targets that could be brought in, possibly alongside Barcola if things do work out.